Your savings are in good hands with Lismore & Cappoquin Credit Union. If you live or work in the common bond area of Lismore & Cappoquin, you are entitled to become a member.
All members are treated equally so there is only one type of Savings Account.
- No hidden fees or transaction charges.
- Savings are insured at no direct cost to the member.
- The more savings (shares) you hold, the more dividend you will earn.
In Lismore & Cappoquin Credit Union, the maximum savings per member is €40,000 and the maximum deposit per calendar month is €5000 per account.
As a member of Lismore & Cappoquin Credit Union, you are invited to attend our AGM. Notification will be sent out prior to this event.
So, if you’re not a member already, come on in and make it happen today.
From 1st January 2014, DIRT (Deposit Interest Retention Tax) MUST be deducted from all dividend or interest paid to credit union members. This brings credit unions into line with other financial institutions.
Members who can be exempt from DIRT are those who:
- Are aged over 65 (or whose spouse or civil partner is aged over 65), and
- Whose total income is below the relevant limit (currently €18,000 for a single person or €36,000 for a married/civil partnership couple)
To avail of this exemption, you must complete a self-declaration form, which is availability in both our lovely offices. Please contact a member of staff for more information. We are here to help.
In certain circumstances, members who are permanently incapacitated may also be entitled to an exemption from DIRT. Please contact Revenue at www.revenue.ie for more information on these circumstances.
Lismore & Cappoquin Credit Union are affiliated with The Irish League of Credit Unions and regulated by The Central Bank of Ireland.