Joining the Credit Union is the best decision you could take for your money.
Opening an Account?
To become a member, please call to either of our offices. We value our personal connection to our members and our first point of contact is the opening of your account.
You must bring the following documents and fill in a Membership Application Form. You will then be given an account number and an account book.
- Photo ID - Passport or Drivers Licence
- Proof of Address - Utility Bill, Bank Statement or letter from government department, etc.
- Proof of PPSN* - Medical Card, P60, Payslip, DPS card etc.
Lismore & Cappoquin Credit Union has been assisting people in our common bond** for well over 5 decades and is looking forward to the next 50 assisting you and your family.
*Lismore & Cappoquin Credit Union cannot accept the Dept of Social Protection’s Public Services Card (the green card) as we are not a government body.
**you must live or work in the common bond of Lismore & Cappoquin Credit Union
Benefits of Memberships
- It is your Credit Union - you can have a say in its operations by voting at the AGM which is usually held in December.
- Our Quality of Service is second to none. Our trained friendly staff will assist you with all financial queries and transactions.
- You can now make payments by standing order to your credit union account. All you will need to bring is your IBAN and BIC and we will sort out the paperwork for you.
- FREE insurances on your savings and loans. There are a few T&C’s e.g. you must become a member before the age of 70 and loans are insured up to the age of 84. All the rest (of which there are only a few) will be explained to you when you join or when you take out a loan.
- No penalties for clearing a loan earlier than anticipated. We value the fact that circumstances can change for the better and won’t charge extra because you are a good member.
- Easy access to your savings. You can withdraw your savings as long as they are not pledged as security on a loan.